In the Water
If in doubt, don't go out!
- Never turn your back on the ocean! face toward the ocean and keep a keen eye out for large waves. If you do encounter a large wave, dive under the wave as it moves over you.
- ALWAYS watch your children closely in the ocean. Do not leave older children to be in charge of younger ones.
- Understand that waves come in sets and can change radically very quick
- Use inflatables, floater, life jackets, on your child
- Respect the power of the shore breaks in Hawaii.
- Never swim alone