Age Appropriate Tips for Building Sand Castles and Sculptures
The following tips are great for kids that are 3 to 4 years old:
- Provide plenty of help and supervision.
- Keep structures simple, such as a fish or turtle.
- Use very wet sand, re-wetting it with the spray bottle as needed.
Tips for kids that are 5 to 8 years old:
- Add some details.
- Suggest they use small toys or figurines or shells and stones to create more interesting features.
- Take a picture or make a video of their creation to document its progress.
Tips for kids that are 9 to 12 years old:
- Encourage them to build taller, bigger castles and sculptures.
- Encourage them to use the Internet to find pictures of what they want to build.